1. Scope and Consent
2. What We Collect
In order for you to create an iSow profile and use the Services, we need to collect and process some information. Depending on your use of the Services, that may include:
- Your name, date of birth, email address, and the college/university you attended or are currently attending;
- Your username and password details, in connection with creating your iSow profile;
- Details of your Goals (i.e., your Savings, Causes and Wishes) and the amount of each Goal;
- Information about your activity on and interaction with iSow, such as your IP address and the type of device or browser you use;
- Communications you send to us (for example, when you ask for support, send us questions or comments, or report a problem); and
- Information that you submit to iSow in the form of updates, notes or messages on a Sower’s profile.
3. What’s Private
This data will not be publicly displayed or revealed to others:
- Your username and password details
- Your IP address
- Communications you send to us (for example, when you ask for support, send us questions or comments, or report a problem)
We don’t give your personal information to any third-party services. We do reserve the right to disclose personal information when we believe that doing so is reasonably necessary to comply with the law or law enforcement, to prevent fraud or abuse, or to protect iSow’s legal rights.
4. Goal Supporter Information
When you support a Sower’s Goal by sending them money via PayPal®, you have the option of remaining anonymous or disclosing your name to the Sower.
The amount(s) you give in support of the Sower’s Goal(s) will be listed on the Sower’s profile (unless you give a lump sum to the Sower without designating how the funds should be allocated to the Sower’s Goal(s), in which case, only the amount of lump sum will be listed on the Sower’s profile).
5. What’s Public
When you create your iSow profile, you can elect to have your iSow profile be public or private.
If your iSow profile is public then it is searchable on our Site (in the “Explore” section) and anyone may click on your name to see your iSow profile.
If your iSow profile is private then it is not searchable on our Site and it will only be viewable by people who have received a link to your iSow profile.
Here are some of the things that will be publicly viewable on your iSow profile:
- Your account name
- Any information you choose to add to your iSow profile (like your birthday, a picture, video, bio or information about your Goals)
- Your Goals (i.e., your Savings, Causes and Wishes) and the amount of each Goal
- The name of your supporters (if the supporter has not elected to remain anonymous)
- The amounts given by supporters towards your Goals provided supporter elects to make public
- Any updates you’ve posted on your iSow profile in the “Post a Update” section of your iSow profile
- Any notes posted by your supporters in the “Post a Note” section of your iSow profile (if the supporter has not elected to remain anonymous)
There is also a “Sower’s We Love” section of the Site that is viewable to the public which lists certain Sowers who have agreed to be prominently featured on the Site.
6. Uses of Your Personal Information
We will use the personal information you provide to:
- Identify you when you sign in to your account;
- Enable us to provide you with the Services;
- Administer your account with us;
- Enable us to contact you regarding any question you make through the Services;
- Analyze the use of the Services and the people visiting to improve our content and Services; and
- Use for other purposes that we may disclose to you when we request your information.
We take securing your data and preserving your privacy very seriously. We never post anything to your Facebook®, Twitter®, or other third-party accounts without your permission. We do not and will not sell your data.
We want to communicate with you only if you want to hear from us.We try to keep emails to a minimum.
We will receive an email notifying you when someone has supported one of your Goals.
You will also receive certain marketing email communications, in accordance with your preferences, and from which you may opt out at any time.
We may send you Service-related announcements on the rare occasions when it is necessary to do so.
To modify or delete the personal information you have provided to us, please log in and update your profile.
We may retain certain information as required by law or for necessary business purposes.
On request, we will send you an email with all the personal information about you that we hold.
Information that you submit through the Services may be transferred to countries other than where you reside (for example, to our servers in the United States).
If you have questions, please contact us at info@iSow.com.